Resident Evil 6 Sells 675,000 in Japan First Week

Capcom’s Resident Evil 6 hit store shelves last week. The third person shooter gives players three separate scenarios to play through, all with connecting storylines. The game also bring a new feature to the series in the form of allowing players to move whilst aiming their firearms.

In Japan alone, the game shifted a huge 675,000 copies in its first week of release. 93% of the copies sold in Japan have been for the Playstation 3 as the other 7% marked sales from other consoles. That’s exactly 634,000 copies on the Playstation 3 and 41,000 bought on other consoles.

This news should come as a delight to Playstation fans since Resident Evil 5 is one of Playstation Plus’s free games this month.

Advertisements